Description: This course is divided into the following topics areas:
- Distance, Time and Speed
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Mechanical Energy
- Thermal Energy
- Special Relativity
- Physics One, Gordon Gore. All images are available online in pdf format for this resource. Students will NOT receive an actual book.
- Students will be assigned various questions that need to be submitted each day to the hand-in box.
- Work can be completed in a word processing document but is best completed by hand and scanned into a word processing file.
- Students may also opt to submit their written work via toll-free fax.
- Students will learn how to use Microsoft Excel or Open Office Spreadsheet to construct graphs with trend lines and equations.
- There will be an online automated test at the end of each chapter.
- Students will be required to meet with the teacher in Skype via web cam in the first week of the course. You will require a working web cam and microphone for this course.
- This course is instructed by Ms. Heather Loenen of Kelowna. She is a certified teacher who taught in the classroom for 5 years before moving to the online environment in 2005.
- Students are encouraged to send their questions via e-mail and to book online tutorial appointments with Ms. Loenen on a daily basis to get the individual help they need to be successful in this course.
- Students may be asked at various points in the course to meet with the teacher via web cam in Skype to verify their identity and mastery over course topics.
- Student must write a proctored exam at a central exam center to verify their identity and mastery over course topics.
- Scientific Calculator
- To be provided by the student