Description: This course is divided into the following topics areas:
- Unit 1: Biology, Sustaining Earth’s Ecosystems, 4 lessons
- Unit 2: Chemistry Chemical Reactions and Radioactivity, 6 lessons
- Unit 3: Physics Motion, 3 lessons
- Unit 4: Earth Science Energy Transfer in Natural Systems, 5 lessons
Students will enjoy this high-interest course as they explore various areas of science.
- Reading comprehension is assessed 2-3 times per lesson/week in an automated Brain Check activity.
- Students will submit their written work at the end of each lesson/week in a template word processing document.
- There is an online automated chapter test at the end of each chapter.
- Students will write their final exam in person at a central exam writing center to verify their identity and mastery over the material in this course. This is not optional.
- Students will complete 4 Foldable study-note projects in the first quarter of the course that they will show to the teacher in Skype via web cam.
- Students will be required to meet with the teacher in Skype via web cam in the first week of the course. You will require a working web cam and microphone for this course.
- At times is it necessary to show written work or images of your projects or graphs. This can be done in a variety of ways:
- Scanning images and inserting them into your lesson file
- Showing it to the teacher using your web cam
- Taking a digital picture and inserting it into your lesson file
- Faxing your work to the teacher
- Students may be asked at various points in the course to meet with the teacher via web cam in Skype to verify their identity and mastery over course topics.
- Student must write a proctored exam at a central exam center to verify their identity and mastery over course topics.